95% of calls into our support department are fixed with these steps:
1. Make sure the device is scheduled to track. You have the ability to adjust tracking users’ settings from the “Tracking Users” option in the Admin Tab. Make sure the device is set to track for the hours/days in which you want to collect data.
2. Is the device powered on and inside the carrier’s data coverage network? With the device in hand, open the Web Browser. This will indicate a good connection to the carrier’s data network.
3. Is the mComet application running? Open the mComet application from the device’s application menu. Select “Setup”, then select “Done”. This will re-establish a connection with the application to the Internet.
4. Make sure the device’s GPS setting in ON. This option is typically located from the device’s settings menu. See the owner’s manual of the device for more information.
5. Make sure that the device has a clear line of sight to the sky. GPS positions may not always be available indoors. This varies based on the phone, and the environment around the device.